Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Test is Over...Now what?

When Brock finished the bar for the second time we took a weekend trip to Park City to relax with Mom and Dad Lyle and do a little Skiing. It was fun to see the other half of our family and the new condo. The first day, Friday, we got to see Grandma Nadine and go through the Salt Lake Temple. I had never been through and it was wonderful! After the session we had dinner with an old friend of the family and his wife (I cannot for the life of me remember their names!) at their country club. It was a lovely meal and everyone was so nice and sweet.

The next day we went skiing at Deer Valley. Mom and Dad Lyle took us and Greg and Courtney came too. Courtney and I stuck to the Bunny Slope, and the husbands stayed with us for an hour or so. Mom and Dad got passes for the steeper slopes and they switched off with the boys every now and then. Courtney and I did very well (meaning no one had any dramatic falls). We were even doing parallel turns in the end. Lunch was fantastic of course (Chili-fries, burgers, salad and fresh fruit). By the time we got home we were all exhausted and content. The Olympics were on and we ate Minestrone Soup while we cheered the USA on.

The last day was Sunday. We went to church with the family and then slipped out early to have brunch with Jules Hendrix. She looked great and it was fun to catch up. We just had time, after that, to get a sandwich before we left for the airport. It was a perfect weekend and helped Brock really rest after his ordeal. We both needed it and we both had a wonderful time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we did the trip after I took the Bar.
And the family friend was Elder Richard Cook, Emeritus Seventy and Second-in-Command on the Church's Perpetual Education Fund.