Friday, June 09, 2006

Valentines Day

For Valentines Day this year we scheduled a fabulous dinner. We knew it was going to fall in the week before Brock took the bar, so we couldn’t play all day. Brock felt bad about that, but with our busy schedules, even if he hadn’t been taking the bar, I don’t think we could have taken a whole day anyway. Besides the dinner was so amazing, that it was plenty for us to celebrate with.

For gifts, I gave Brock a cool little gadget that played nature sounds. It had a dozen different sounds (ocean, rain, rainforest, crickets, and even a heartbeat). Brock enjoyed it while he was studying and when we went to bed it was very soothing. He got me a stunning silver pendant set with an oval cut peridot (my birthstone). He gave it to me at dinner and I wore it all night. I also got flowers! Beautiful roses! Goodness, he spoils me!

We planned ahead and got a reservation at Spago in Palo Alto. It was packed and there were a lot of couples waiting with fingers crossed, hoping that someone would cancel their reservation. We had a nice table and the food was marvelous! Brock had a lobster bisque and steak. I had a salad and crab ravioli. For dessert I got a banana cream tart and Brock had a rich chocolate cake with ice cream. How decadent!

What a great memory for our first Valentines Day together. We have really gone all out in our first year together and we’ll have to be a little less extravagant toward each other from now on, but that’s okay. Honestly, we probably would have had just as perfect an evening if we had stayed home for dinner and just made cards for each other, but I don’t regret our lovely evening. Now and then it’s fun to be spoiled!

No comments: