Brock was terribly nervous as the time for the Bar (round 2) approached. He found it difficult to concentrate because he was so nervous. He went to class, studied constantly, and had trouble sleeping. I wanted to help, but I just couldn't think of anything that I could do.
Probably the hardest part was how little time we could spend together. If he wasn't studying, he was thinking about how he should be studying. He even felt guilty about sleeping or eating. This went on for a while, but eventually we figured out I could help after all. Brock spent his study hours writing essays and reviewing flash cards. I was curious about his work, so I enjoyed quizing him with the cards and he found our resulting discussions helpful.
Looking back, we realized that just at the time we began studying together and Brock became more optimistic, we had started reading our scriptures together and praying every night. We could never have made it through that study period if we hadn't brought the spirit back into our home. Inspiration came just when we needed it.
Everywhere we went, we quized with the cards. We must have discussed every card at least three or four times, but that was fine becasue my memory isn't the best and his is like a sponge. The information was just as new to me on the fourth try as it was on the first, so I wasn't in bored at all, and he got to review everything until it stuck. And it did.
He was much calmer this time around. I think he just felt more prepared. He was writing essays until the minute the test began. Also, in his favor, the test was closer to home, so he didn't have to book a hotel and I could be with him through the whole thing. On the last day of the test, he walked in the house and smiled. He said, "I think it's done. I think I'm through."
We he ever right!
No comments:
Post a Comment