Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Garden once again

About a week ago I got a marvelous early birthday present! Knowing that I was struggling to understand where to put what plants in our garden, Nana gave me a gardening present. She sent her professional landscape artist to plant a few new flowers and help us organize our garden. What a perfect gift.

So, what happened? I had to work. It just happened that the one afternoon Max could come work in our garden, was the one afternoon that week I had to work. I couldn't get out of it, so I called Brock. He was the sweetest husband in the world and came straight home. He asked what I had planned for the garden and he made sure it all got done.

When I got home that night it was dark, but I could still see such a difference! Max got rid of the most hideous dead bush in the front yard, told Brock which plants were weeds and which should be kept and groomed, and planted the lovely flowers Nana sent us from her garden. The final step was for me to go through to weed and water what was left. Now the garden looks beautiful. I walked into the garden last night coming in from work and stopped for a minute just to enjoy the scent.

Thanks a million times over to Nana and her sweet gift. It's exactly what I wanted and needed!

1 comment:

kt said...

You are a princess! Who else has a magical garden?