Monday, April 24, 2006

Washer and Dryer

One of the great deals that went along with our cottage was the washer and dryer set. The girl who lived here before us had (very sadly) gone through a messy a divorce and wanted to get herself and her baby out of the house and back to Utah as quickly as possible. Basically, she was cutting her losses and going back to her parents. We met her in Utah after she had moved back home. She was really sweet and we felt very sorry for her and her baby.

Still, she helped us out a lot. She had a brand new washer and dryer hooked up in the house that she couldn’t take with her and she offered them to us for $100 a-piece. Brock jumped at the offer, of course. It was that or be condemned to spending hours at a Laundromat once a week. So, now I get to do the laundry in our own home and what a deal!

P.S. Yes, I do the laundry. Brock is not allowed to touch it. Don’t get me wrong, he has never burned anything or turned the whites pink (actually, I did that not too long ago—that blasted pink sock). It’s just that I enjoy doing the laundry and my system is a lot more complicated than his. I like to sort the clothes very thoroughly and he likes maybe three loads. I find laundry (sorting and folding) very relaxing and I look forward every couple of weeks to the scent of our laundry soap, the neatly sorted piles of clothes, and the warmth and sound of the machines running all day. I know, I’m weird. Oh well.

No comments: