Monday, March 09, 2009

Brady Loves the Beach

Just like his father.

The other day Brady and I were sitting out in our little yard staring at a gloomy, overcast sky, when a patch of blue sky opened up for a few minutes. Brady caught sight of it and pointed excitedly.

"Beach!" He demanded. "Beach!"

"No," I told him. "It's too cold to go to the beach."

"Beach!" He repeated stubbornly. When I still refused, he changed his tactics. "Daddy," he said urgently. "Daddy. Phone."

So, we called Daddy.

With Brock on the speaker phone, Brady pointed once again to the tiny patch of blue sky and demanded, "Beach!"

Brock laughed, and though he would usually have agreed with such a sentiment, he sided with me on this one.

"No, no, Buddy," he said. "Too cold for the beach. We'll go later."

Brady scowled at the phone and finally gave in, staring longingly at the now shrinking blue patch. He gave me back the phone and wandered off to play in his little toy house.

Little did he know that if Brock hadn't been stuck at work, he probably would have agreed to give the beach a try and I would have found myself bundled up on a freezing, rainy beach for the rest of the day.

Like father like son.

No comments: