Thursday, April 19, 2007

Valentines Day Again

This year for Valentines Brock took me to my favorite Chinese place, Mandarin Gourmet. It was actually quite romantic and the food was great! It seems funny to go for Chinese on Valentines, but we both really enjoyed it.

We exchanged gifts over dinner. Brock gave me the prettiest pair of heart-shaped emerald earrings. He got them from England and he chose emeralds because the baby is due in May and emeralds will be his birth stone. I had always wanted emerald jewelry, so I was thrilled.

I gave Brock a leather business card holder. He's pretty tough to shop for and he had been carrying around his cards in his pockets and wallet. I thought he'd enjoy having a nice card case to pull out when he was at professional functions. I chose the leather to match his briefcase. He liked it a lot.

After dinner Brock surprised me and took me to a concert in San Jose. It was a small theater and very pretty. It turned out to be a performance by a man and a woman singing selections from Paul Gordon musicals. They sang songs from "Emma," "Jane Eyre" and "Daddy Long Legs." After the concert we got our "Emma" and "Jane Eyre" Cds signed by Paul Gordon himself, who was actually at the concert.

Brock's second gift to me that night was the "Jane Eyre" cd (which, as mentioned above, we got signed and which I am enjoying very much) and I gave him a box of carefully selected dark chocolates.

It was a lovely evening and a very romantic Valentines Day.

No comments: